Friday, September 2, 2011

I love you lady!


Shari Byers, i love you, and i love you so much that i wanna cry. You are the awesomest, I received your package today and it just made everything better.

I thought I was having a great day, my classes went okay, still ended up failing a quiz and getting a horrible critique on my project (for the fifth time since I've been at Andrews). My boss even gave me a three hour bonus and it was awesome. Then i checked my financial vue stuff and I thought that some rich benefactor had paid all my stuff cause I only had a balance of $132 left to pay. NO! They only just now finalized me and I still have installments to pay that are beyond what I am capable of making with all the stupid stuff they want me to do on campus.


Once I found out that I was not living a Cinderella moment I just about cried, I had been jumping around praising God, and now I'm back at the level I had been at = way in over my head. But then after the bike ride home, during which I sobbed a lot, I came home and saw the awesome package that Shari sent me! Filled with cookies and chocolates and things I would need for school. It not only made my day but it kept me from flipping out on my Mom, cat, and myself. And to all my other friends who i love, thank you. thank you for listening these last few weeks as I rant and rave and cry and throw fits and hate on Andrews. I can get to be a bit much but you guys have stood by me.

I can't wait till we leave this earth. I can't wait for the day when I can't remember what a computer or tv is. I can't wait to be free of all this craziness. God, I'm a little upset with you right now and I'm not gonna lie about it, I'm a lot upset with you. But I know you will come through somehow. Love you guys, I love my friends.


Song: Every teardrop is a waterfall by Coldplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kf_6BWcOOg



2 helpful comments:

Britt said...

Dearest Desiree,
You know...since i was there and i told you about the finVue and Co-curricular things, and have had my bit of a riff with the University as well, I can empathize with you.
Filled with empathy, I am both gratified and filled with admiration of your honest expression of honesty yet you hold steadfastly to your faith in God.
It's simply a grand feat of your to be such a positive influence when you're under such high standards of pressure to succeed. You smile at work, find joy in the little things ("Hooray! You're counting bookmarks! I wanna do that too!") and I think we're both an example of one of my "philosophical quotes, " which is, "The most beautiful and persistent smiles come through many tears and trials."
In these few paragraphs, I want to express my appreciation to you for not just throwing in the towel and giving up on your faith in God.
So here, on your blog, I would like to acknowledge how much you have enriched my life. It is always such a relief to see you at work, especially today. I was having a pretty rough schedule and becoming very frustrated with the opposite gender (species) and our laughter and talk brought me relief from such.
Don't worry about our boss, don't worry about the others in pre-press...because I know you just continue to do your best, and that's what I love about you. You're a gem! A genuine priceless piece of beauty. Seriously, please just keep your smile on, because I'm embracing you in my prayers.
Love forever from your friend,
Brittany J. B.

Anonymous said...

Desi - I'm so glad that you got the package today. I'm praying for you - you know that. I totally agree with what Brittany said about you. You are a really amazing person, and I really feel honored to be your friend. You really do have such a positive influence.

I know that you are probably going to pull a lot of all nighters, be crazy stressed, and feel like you can never make it through all that you have to do. But, You ARE going to be able to do it. Tackle one thing at a time, and you will make it.

How are you doing with worships? I have slacked a lot in that area, and I need to get back on track. I was wondering if you wanted to text each other again like we used to do - I know it helped me stay accountable. God's help is the only way that we can make it through this life, I think.

I miss you Desi! I'm praying that you will find your groove and things will start looking up for you soon!

Have a wonderful Sabbath, give my hugs to Mandy and the rest of the Passage group! Take care, Love Shari B.