Sunday, September 20, 2009

Couldn't get better

Life is so good, no...God is good. Life is a terrible circle of spiraling sin but God is good.

You know, as I back read my blog I can't help but see a journey that I went through. Its really quite amazing. Like when I was in high school and I would read my journals from when I was in middle school. I was such a nub, I can't help but laugh when I think about how trivial I acted while the world was being provided for me.

I'm feeling so blessed, not because I am getting material things recently but pushing that aside I see a beautiful perspective. I hope, no, I just know that if I pray about it I can carry this warm and fuzzy feeling over to my classes on Monday and the rest of the week. I tend to lose my temper in that class and I forget why I'm there and I hate it basically, but I really don't want that to be my college experience.

So from this week on I want to walk into class with a new perspective. I want to live, love, and let love. Sounds a bit hippieish but that's okay! Hippies are cool, they had the right idea...for the most part. All the free loveins and drugs was a bad idea but everything else was epic.

Song: How it Burned by Chapman
http://apps.facebook.com/ilike/artist/Chapman/track/How+It+Burned


4 helpful comments:

madamraspberry said...

Yes my little hippie - let that light shine, even in INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS (DUN, DUN, DUNNNNNN)

Deshiro said...

interpersonal communications!!! hide the children!!!

Heather Rose said...

Oh dear. Interpersonal communications? Who names these courses?! :P

I hope that the warm fuzzies/sense of security continues through everything you do, Des. God's always got your back.

I'm constantly trying to explain to people, if hippies were cleaner, sober and not so overly "friendly" they'd be Christians! Maybe we're the ones that are confused here. What do ya think?

Heather Rose said...

Not Christians. I meant perhaps you and I are the ones with a warped view of hippies. :P