Sunday, August 18, 2013

Y is an ugly letter II

Why do we have preferences? 

I know, sounds like a stupid question but hear me out. I was thinking if it was conditioning or if it was just what we are born liking. For example, I really don't like the taste of milk but I never drank it growing up. However, I grew up liking the color orange and now I just think its ugly(unless burnt, then its purty). Then that raises the question, do our preferences change and if so why did we like the first thing at all in the first place(had to type this here, otherwise there would be an orphan and I would just die. Graphic designer issues)? 

Is it a matter of maturing or is it a matter of growing out of stuff. Why would someone grow out of a color. Are humans simply that fickle? Do people grow out of God? I think that would be a bit harder...I don't know. 

So what brought this question on? I was at work and I noticed this guy's butt and I was really confused cause I don't usually notice a guys butt. Its not a big feature for me and I actually prefer strong hands or eyebrows. This guy's butt just really caught my eye and I really just couldn't figure out why this would be a focal point or a preference of mine. 


Well, maybe it's just an appreciation of his butt... I don't know. I'm gonna stop thinking about this. I'm really thinking too hard. 

Song: World's at Large by Modest mouse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E68DYqo2m2M 

]

1 helpful comments:

madamraspberry said...

All of that deep thinking, and the culmination was...you thought some guy had a nice butt.

I love you.