Monday, August 5, 2013

Two Birds on a Wire

Sometimes my mind goes down strange paths. Sometimes it goes down rather depressing paths. These paths can set the pace for my thought processes for quite some time. 

A few days back I was walking to my friends house and I passed a birds nest on the ground. It was upside down and if anything had been in there it was dead. There had been a storm earlier that morning and it probably hit the birds nest and then that was it. I stood there for a while looking at the birds nest then I walked on and tried not to think of it.

It seemed that the more I tried not to think about it the more it bugged me that these birds had lived, built a nest, had possible eggs, and then without making so much as an indent in life they were dead. Or lets say that they lived, they lost their home and they will have to rebuild and their babies are probably dead. No one will even know, we don't know their names or how this has all effected them. 

What were they for? What did they live for? Without a second thought they made that home and now its gone and they will make another one if they lived. Why make such a creature? Why give them such a life. Then I thought about the humans that roam the earth, some never knowing anything but their life of work and labor and then they are done. Dead without a second thought and no one knows. 

I can feel it, I'm going down that path. The valley is coming and there is little I can do to stop it. Here come the hours of staring at the wall and wondering about the meaning of life rather than going out and living this small existence. Hate it when I get to this point. Even acknowledging doesn't stop it from coming. Gonna have to think on this a bit...or not. I don't know. 

Song: The lightning strike by snow patrol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE6gEbp9vvE

1 helpful comments:

madamraspberry said...

SomeOne does know.

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
Matt 10:29-30