Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Anger and Agression of being alone

If anyone who is reading this has ever watched So you think you can dance, hopefully you have seen Mia Michaels top 16 group dance number. This was by far possibly the best dance I have ever watched and I have been watching this show since season 2. Sorta missed season 1 but whatever...

But before I saw this dance, I had been listening to Charlotte Martin religiously. She is one of my favorite artist in the world. I say artist because she really does create art with her music. Its not just some payed for writer and her singing words that mean nothing to her. She writes and composes her own music and it comes out beautiful!

The Dance is one of my favorite songs by her. To me it is about a love that apperently wasn't supposed to be. Or a love that was lost. Anyhoo, all she wants is for him to hold her in his arms once more. >_< When I saw the top 16 group dance, I recognized the song from the banging of the sticks on the ground. I was screaming at my mom that that was Charlotte Martin (I tend to force my mom to listen to her music so I have someone to talk to about it). Seeing them dance to that song and then seeing Comfort play the part of a baby who just wants to be held just spoke to me. It was like they were physically doing what I was feeling. Thrashing and fliping and jumping across the stage. All those feelings in side that are born into every human, wanting to be with someone...when they get bottled up...I just wanna throw stuff across the room if someone doesn't hold me in the next five seconds. Then to keep that feeling contianed is another wieght on your heart.

I always end up feeling like I am the only one that is alone. But then reality comes and its kinda sad how many of us are alone and just wanting to be held. Not all of us want to hurt something or someone if we don't feel the skin of another human but damn it I know I do...I pity the man I marry....or I praise him for his patience.

God I feel like screaming...


Go check out the dance. It is beautiful.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djsTqP-0CdY


0 helpful comments: