Saturday, October 18, 2008

Baby Comforts

I haven't posted in a while... stuff has happened and I'm ready to start posting regularly again... not that anyone is reading them but whatever. Today I feel a type of nostalgia that I haven't felt in a while. I am currently baby sitting and while the child sleeps I am listening to her bed time music and the words are just moving and they sway you to a place that most have not been since they were children.

I guess the songs serve their purpose. They are for children to fall asleep to with the lulling comforts of being rocked back and forth by their mother. then I get to thinking, when was the last time someone rocked me in a rocking chair? When was the last time I was lifted up in the air and told that I was loved. I watch this child with her father and every five seconds he tells her that she is loved. Its so sad to be jealous of a child...

My mother tells me that I must give her a hug everyday and I guess that is her way of saying that she loves me. To think logically about it, no, you are not gonna have someone pick you up in their arms everyday and feel like a baby again. You are supposed to have those good memories as a child to build a solid foundation for when you grow up so you can stand on your own and be of healthy mind and heart.

But I'm sure everyone, every once and a while, still wishes that they could just cast all their little and big cares on their parents and just be held like a baby. Have mommy brush their hair. Have daddy spoil them with their time just to play and watch a movie together, throw a football around. Growing up without a father I missed those parts of my life. I guess these songs just trigger large amounts of nostalgia for things I never had...

Whatever... maybe one day I will be lifted up and told that I am loved.

Photobucket
ignore the video
Artist: Plumb, Album: Blink, Song: Sleep

0 helpful comments: