Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Read A Book

The Tower of London, that wonderful place of history. It makes me want to read history books which aren't really my thing. Unless its like A Song of Ice and Fire, then history gets pretty interesting. Thinking back on what the tour guide was saying about the history of the Tower of London, its not too different from A Song of Ice and Fire. Murder, incest, cheating, treason, etc.; It's all very interesting. Then there is the crown jewels, I wanted them all. Sadly I couldn't have any nor take pictures of them. 

Right, so I'll start from the beginning. After many days of awesomeness and a fun trip to the mall of wonder(which ended in me acquiring a beautiful jean jacket), we traveled into the land of central London. Just Jodi and I spent the night in a wonderful hotel and traveled to the land of Oxford street, Soho, and Covet street. So I figured out that I shop too much when I have money and clothes around me that fit. 

Five pairs of leggings, three shirts, a cardigan, and two skirts later I found the wonder of souvenirs. When I found the souvenirs, I purchased them. When I purchased them I felt like a proper tourist. It twas awesome. 

So we walked about all over the place. Buckingham Palace, Green park, the queen's garden(where she owns all the swans and has vaccinated them accordingly cause she doesn't like them dying), Horse parade, Tower of London, this very amusing bar called 'The Horniman at Hay's', and of course the underground(which I've become heavily fond of). 

Hilarity ensued when I went to feed a squirrel. It was in the queen's garden. The squirrels were walking about and getting food from everyone. Jodi encouraged me to feed the little beast. So I crouched down and tried to hand the little monster some bread. The first tiny rodent was not interested, then there was the second fiend who was very receptive of yum yums. So much so that the brute touched my hand and then gleefully ate what was a yummy pastry. 

There were some very bold swans and some photobombing tourist and a bunch of very strange floating street performers(including death, a floating death). I love everything about this country, it's so lovely and beautiful and full of lovely statues. The only thing I would every change about this country is the pigeons. Its insane, birds in America just know that their place is in the trees or in the sky(occasionally on the roof tops). Birds here don't understand this simple process of staying where your wings allow you to stay. They walk right up to you and fly all around your face and just all in all get in the way like a butt.


Whatevs, enough about those savages with wings. Although I wouldn't choose to live in this very expensive country, I do adore it. I hope that I can come back one day. Still got about a month of awesomeness before I hop back across the pond to the land of huge portion sizes(I already know what I'm gonna order from taco bell). Next, I go see Stone Henge. Hopefully sometime this week or the next. Also, more trips to London, there are two museums that I want to see. I'm hungry, I want some cookies. These oatmeal raisin cookies are no joke.


 
  

1 helpful comments:

Valaria Bullock said...

Im glad that you are enjoying your adopted country, but we miss you more...

I think the queen had a good idea with this life serum...I think I'll do that to my Sims...lol! They'll live FOREVER!

I would be ever so happy if, a day or two before you leave, you'd acquire a couple, a few, several...ok...6 oatmeal raisin cookies. I say 6 because I know you'll eat them on the plane, and I'll probably only get 2 or 3...

BTW, your curly hair looks adorable...I love it and your new wardrobe! You look like you've matured a lot.

Are you still going to spend the 3 days at Newbold like you told me?

Talk later, love you!