Thursday, August 13, 2015

First Day(awake) in Aylesbury

I spent most of day one in Aylesbury asleep cause jetlag will always get you. I'm not sure if I slept in till 12 or 2 today but whatever. First thing I did was try to take a shower. This didn't go so well. I figured out the monster shower head thing but then I spent fifteen minutes picking everything up around me asking "Is this soap?". I figured out that nothing in the bathroom was soap since my host had to travel and most likely took it with them, like sane people do. I decided not to do this when I traveled for reasons unknown to me. 


So I got dressed, thought I was looking cute, made myself all purty to go walking about the town. Its drizzling, not to worry, I stole my mother's umbrella. I'll be fine. My hair had retained some of the straight properties from my friend flat ironing it and I thought, 'what the hay, lets wear it down'. My hair now stands three inches all around my head in poof and my umbrella is inside out. Not to worry I forgot all my hair bands at home! So I twisted my hair into a bun in an alley way that I found by a fish and chips shop that I shall visit tomorrow. 



On my walk of wonders I found a few awesome things. Roses! Roses everywhere. Every other house had rose bushes. I thought that was awesome. I'm pretty sure I saw a pterodactyl, can't be certain cause it flew by really fast but....it was a pterodactyl. Found a pub, really big building. It was across the street from a church, little building. Found that hilarious. All the shop keep boys were adorable and I was sweating like someone has dumped a bucket of water on me. 


Found out they don't bag your stuff for you. I was staring, smiling sweetly at the cashier guy after he rung up my food and soap, waiting for him to bag my stuff. He just stared back. Then I realized...I bag it. So I laughed and told him that this is my second day in this country and I am still figuring it out. He told me I'd get the hang of it. Then he handed me my change. I expected one pound bills but apparently not. I got coins and I stared at him again making strange meow sounds. He laughed and said we have coins here too. So I stammered about and said that I shall stop acting like a tourist any moment now and ran laughing out the store. 


After walking around a bit, going into a thrift store and a martins which turned out to be a pharmacy, I started on my journey home. This eluded me to a very funny fact(one that I will laugh about later...not now), my dress that I was so excited to wear has a slip under a lace part. I had been tugging at the lace part all during my adventure but apparently that's all I had been tugging at. The slip part had ridden up to my underwear and had been up there for God knows how long. This might be why I was honked at, people where staring at my dress funny and a old lady grumbled saying cheeky as she walked past me. 



(the stove almost won)
I have flashed all of the Queen's England half my bottom and my entire left leg. And what a leg it was. I always liked my left leg best, which is funny cause I love my right hand. Any hoo, I'll laugh about that one day. Now I'm going to eat pizza(since I finally figured out the stove, see picture to the left for rare sight of me dying by a strange stove monster beast), drink a whole jug of cranberry juice and have a proper shower. (Don't worry mom, they were very clean undies that so many sweet innocent bystanders got to see)


I'll have to venture out there again. Maybe take the bus to downtown Aylesbury. I will wear a dress that requires less tugging. Maybe something with leggings. Up side. I found a flower on the street. It had fallen off the bush so I thought it was okay to take it with me.
So all in all, I think this was a successful adventure! I'm pretty sure that I exceeded my own expectations and usual abilities when it comes to outgoingness(not a word). I'm excited to see what happens tomorrow.

4 helpful comments:

Tyler Kraft said...

Excellent first day! I'm looking forward to reading about all your English adventures!

Valaria Bullock said...

Love living vacariously through your eyes! Maybe, just maybe, you brightened their day with your stylish attire. Lol!

I'm glad you survived the oven and you are now clean. (I'd like to see what the shower looks like since it was such a puzzle to you).

Hopefully (please), you'll find a shop who can put your hair back like it was before the rain attacked it...ask around...

Save me some fish and chips...

Stay at home Rockstar said...

Love this!!!! Moremoremore! Well done sleeping AND leaving the house! Both important!

Valaria Bullock said...

Why does the oven look like a washing machine?