Wednesday, August 19, 2015

My Party People

Sometimes its hard to believe I'm here. I find myself telling Jodi and Jonathon 'I'm here in England' or 'I came to see you!' and they just laugh and say yes you did. Being here with them and the girls is amazing. Planning my trip to London, getting to know the people they introduce me to, listening to these amazing girls talk about everything and anything that is of utmost importance. I feel so blessed to be here. 

Upon the arrival of my host back to their home we went out and ate at Nandos. Shame on me, I didn't get the chicken. We'll have to go again before I leave. Twas a lovely place and we had a blast. The girls kept trying to escape and that was hilarious to watch. After we ate, we
walked around town and like a tourist I took pictures of everything...like...everything. Statues, pipes with cloves growing on them, more statues, the girls running about, and more statues. 

Next day we went out and ventured to the park, the girls, Jodi, and I. This was quite the event. I realized that child socializing is a stressful thing for me. I become very concerned with their social experiences and how they will scar them for life. The girls had a blast though, they eventually(after careful consideration) found friends and played with them. It even got to the point where there was a bit of screaming about lack of fairness when one of the new friends had to leave. 

This brought us to the swings where I stood by while Jodi pushed tiny princess on the swing. There was another mother pushing her darling baby on the swing. This neighboring mother was noticing bigger princess being a bit shy trying to find new friends. We got to talking, the three of us adults, and then the question was asked. 
" So...how did you two...I mean...how did you guys get two mixed babies between the two of you" Said the interested neighboring momma
" Huh?" Said Jodi and I in confusion
" I mean, how did you guys have two mixed raced babies together?" She asked again, looking a little less sure in her questioning
" They're not mine." I said laughing
" They're mine." Jodi says with a laugh
" Oh! I just thought, you(pointing at me) were so invested in them. Oh goodness. Can we just forget I ever asked that?(not on your life)" 

We all had a good laugh about that. Probably a story I'll tell for the rest of my life. So far I've flashed half of Aylesbury my bum, been confused for a lesbian, and have had tea and pudding which had nothing to do with actual tea and actual pudding! This has been amazing. 

It has been asked how this whole adventure began, why did I come to England. Well, its simple, I missed my peeps. They moved to England so I saved up and it was either buy a ticket to England or buy a car. I got the ticket, told my job I'd be gone for three months, got on the plane and here I am! No man, no kids, no responsibilities. Off I went and I'm so glad I did. 

Today found me in a pub for the first time in my life. It was pretty awesome, the bar tender ladies were nice. They talked slowly to me after they found out that I was from America. First time that has happened. Usually they just laugh at me and then ask me how I'm liking England. Didn't end up getting a drink but I got some fish and chips which Jodi and Jonathan said was sub par in comparison to where I could get real fish and chips. Which I find funny since they're both vegetarian. 
 
Went to the library and inquired about books on the last Russian empire, the Romanov family. The librarian was very confused about that. A walk around downtown brought us to a little mall where these two walking advertisements were holding hawk like birds and directing people to the Aylesbury exhibit with dress up! The market street was covered in little tents with nick knacks and clothes and fresh fruits and vegetables. There was also a random guy selling Native American stuff in a not so authentic Native American garb and pretending to play a flute.

Very random day. I loved it. I'm gonna call it Freddy.

1 helpful comments:

Valaria Bullock said...

That day has already been named...you're gonna' have to find an unnamed day of your own...