Sunday, August 9, 2009

I love my cat

My baby came back to me! After two and a half days of depression he came back to me! It was a wonderful event.

I had been at my friend Jodi's house and I called my mom to ask her to check the door and see if miko had come home and once again the answer was no, but she told me to come home and look around for him since the sun was going down and he might be out. At this point I had almost given up hope and I wanted to just leave miko to be wild. Then something told me to just go home and look for him anyway, and so Cheri, Jodi, my sister and I went back to my place and we started looking around.

We didn't get past my house when Mel spotted two cats across the street, but on the porch of my house I saw something dart off to the corner. Sure enough Miko was in the ally between my house and our neighbor. There was a small hole in the fence between the houses and now we think he has been in their back yard the whole time, since they are men with home construction hobbies there is a lot of junk in their back yard for miko to hide in.

So, I was able to kneel down on the ground and call him to me, he nearly ran away when Jodi Cheri and Mel started to come over but I told them to stay back and Miko was hissing and it was a very shaking process. I got him inside and said some mean words and washed him up later on that night.

He is now before me lapping up as much water as he can. He has been doing that since he got back. I'm so glad he is home and I was happy to hear him running down the stairs to eat when I gave him new food this morning.

God is so good that he would make a cat come to his master with such obedience when this cat rarely ever does that. God took this cats natural want to be an outdoor cat and shut it down so he would walk right to me and allow me to drag him back inside where he will most likely never see the light of day if I have anything to say about it.

My faith has been put on new foundation. Kind of weird that it took losing and finding my cat to have that happen but when it happens it happens I suppose. I am so happy to have my cat back. May I never lose him again.

I would love to say thank you to everyone who prayed for Miko on sabbath. I think I shall do that during family time at church next weekend. I just smile every time I look over and see him there, just sitting there, doing what he does. I hope he knows I will be watching him like a hawk from now on.

Song : I love you by Cranberries

1 helpful comments:

Heather Rose said...

I'm SO glad he came home! I'd be a mess if anything ever happened to my Kimchi.

I'm telling you, I hope Jesus comes back soon for MANY reasons, but among those is so I don't have to ever live without my kitty. I don't know if I'll be able to handle the heart ache.

xoxox