Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Rainbowkardashian Darling

Rainbowkardashian is a very special pony. Anyone who was a girl and watched my little ponies as a child knows her as Rainbow Dash. I changed her name while playing ponies with the wonderfully creative child named Celeste (also known as pinky pie, her favorite pony). Not that I am a fan of the Kardashians but I do recognize their need for fabulosity and Rainbow Dash is all about fabulosity.

By now you are probably wondering where I am going with this. Well, when indulging my regressive escapism by playing Rainbowkardashian I jump around the room speaking with a british ascent and saying darling five times in a sentence. It always hits me that I hate the very thought of being a grown up. I think my prayer tonight will be to be blessed with the ability to keep my childish ways but still prosper in life with them.

I don't think it is so much of a peter pan complex which I had while I was in middle school and high school. It could very well be the ends of that complex in the progression to maturity against my will. Either way its no fun and I think the next time I watch Celeste, aka Pinky pie, I will play ponies forever!

Now heres a question for you! When was the last time you played dolls? (for any boy that might read this, you know you've played with some type of "action figure" how long ago was that?)

Song : Happy happy joy joy by ren and stimpy


Pinky pie and Rainbowkardashian

2 helpful comments:

Heather Rose said...

Oh-I need to dig out my little ponies. I know I have some somewhere. Sigh.

Hanging onto youth is hard with so many things to worry about, but as a girl that ALWAYS had a lot to worry about-I can honestly say that I'm happy and blessed with the imagination/creativity I've managed to hang onto.

Just don't stop playing and/or making things. Don't stop making art. I think it's all about experience, and that's what being a kid is-so much to learn.

Luckily, the lessons God has for us never run out. ^_^

madamraspberry said...

I used to play them with Kayla. But she usually held it all up on her own - dialogue and everything.