Thursday, July 11, 2013

Dog Chasing a Car

While doing the dishes at work I have a ton of time to think. Something my lovely friends Ben and Viola told me was running through my mind. When people move away, even if you get them back things will almost never go back to the way they were. Everything and everyone has changed in one way or another. I was thinking about my friends that just moved away and I missed my last chance to hang with them this past Wednesday; even though we had only started to hang recently it's still weird knowing that their gone. 

Somehow though...its okay. Maybe because I've closed my self off or because I've come to terms with this town. Either way, I feel okay with this. I feel fine. 

But then I got to thinking, what would happen if I had all those people who moved away back in this town. First there would be the catching up, talking about everything that's happened during the horrible separation. Then comes the 'trying to plan fun things to do' but there is a lack of things to talk about now. Lastly comes the awkward silence where everyone realizes that none of us are the same person anymore. Of course, this is just the worst case scenario that is going through my head. I'm not saying that this happens every time. I'm just a bit scared that it would happen should all my peeps come back to this soul sucking town. 

I still lay up at night imagining the day when all my loved ones will pick out their exotic creature and ride off into the everlasting sun light together, once we get to Heaven. I have chosen the wonderful Lion to ride off with. Or a giraffe...or an elephant...I can't seem to pick one. Might ride on an ostrich...Or an alpacha? Whats the difference between an ostrich and an emu?

Song: Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fWyzwo1xg0


UNICORN!!!! IMMA RIDE A UNICORN!!

0 helpful comments: