Saturday, July 6, 2013

Swan Song

This town I live in is quite transitional. People come and go every two years or so, sometimes less, and churches go through a very quick life stage because of this short time frame with one group of humans. Now another summer has come and people are leaving. I've cried a lot in the past when people have left and recently I have just wanted to stay home from church and just say: 





 
 But as much as I would want to not care about these people and just pretend that they are another wind passing through, I get attached to some of them. I kinda have stopped doing that whole 'attaching myself to others' thing lately. Especially after I started to see a trend of people up and leaving. Often I have to remind myself that this isn't how it's supposed to be and that I should let these new people in (and there have been quite a bit of new people). 

But you know...maybe its okay for me just to have my few people that I'm close to. You don't have to be family with every person you meet do you? It's something I've got to think on. Do I keep putting myself through these transitional people or do I find a new permanent church to go to or do I just stick to those who are close to me already. 

I know one thing, I never want to end up like this again when people leave. It just doesn't bode well for when the next group comes. I can only imagine what the new people at church must think of me with my 'no touchie/wibbly wobbly' attitude.


 Song: Treading water by Foy Vance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbbdVo3v9pc



0 helpful comments: