Saturday, October 10, 2009

Kayla and Kupono

One of the most beautiful dances in the world. A dance that the wonderful epic couple, Katee and Joshua couldn't do. The beautiful Addiction piece by Mia Micheals, a genius in the form of a small woman of unique proportions. Kayla and Kupono, two contemporary dancers, dance a beautiful painting of beauty and pain of addiction.

See, I use that word beauty...that is why I shouldn't eve watch that dance again. The most gorgeous thing in the world is something that I should avoid at all cost. I call it beautiful cause it allows me to have a physical view of my own addiction. An addiction that God is working on with me but man do I hate the reality of it being a life long struggle.

But when I watch this dance. Oh, when I watch this dance it romanticizes my addiction. Something that should in no way be romanticized or otherwise. That makes it able to be taken lightly, and that my friend is anything but what it is.
I've done this before without even knowing.

In the first batman movie the joker says a line that I just love. "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?" He didn't know what it meant but he always said it before he was about to kill someone. Anyway I took that saying that seemed harmless and I turned it into a painting in my head. A clearing in a forest with the pale moon above and a girl dancing with the devil. She is wearing nothing but iron boots that are heated with coals and they look beautiful, the two of them, but she is in total agony.

My mother said, after I told her about the paint on the way to class a few days, that I was romanticizing an event with the devil. After she said that and I looked it over again it scared me. To romanticize with the devil is a scary terrible thing!
This dance allows me to do this so simply with a visual! I romanticize my addiction and it is an addiction that the devil uses for me to sin. And the thought of me romanticizing my addiction just makes me uncomfortable.

But because it is an addiction I do not want to easily stop nor will I. Try as i may and I will pray about it every day and with my hands thrown up I surrender it to God but until the clouds are parted and we hear the horns this shall be a life long struggle.


I plan on taking the dance off of my page in a few days. To make sure that everyone has had a chance to see it in reference to this post. After that I will try to never look at it again. That hideous beauty....All in all...I'll be fine. Just give me time.


addiction |əˈdik sh ən|
noun
the fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance, thing, or activity

Song: Older Chests by Damien Rice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ogVor9uZoo


1 helpful comments:

madamraspberry said...

very nicely said my dear.