Tuesday, February 24, 2009

We Fall Down...Again

Journey to Praying Part 2

Okay so...does it count if you fall back while you are half way asleep? I fell like it does but I wonder if there is a rule book I can consult. So it has been about four days since I started this journey to praying which will be a regular short thing just to help keep me on track. I was doing good I think, with praying and...I think I was trusting in God. Sometimes I felt like it was a chore or an assignment but it isn't...this is a life changing thingy.

I'm not so sure about whether or not you can call what I do "praying". Its just me talking while I'm by myself. Felt really silly the first few times but now I don't mind. Sometimes I don't even talk, I just think about what I want to do, what I've done and I encourage myself. I don't know if I am seeing results but my bad habits are not so frequent as they used to be. Its hard to stop and think and then not think about what you used to think about...

I was really upset with myself this morning. Its like I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Which is physically impossible because my bed is up against the wall but you know what I mean...Like all that hard work was for nothing. Maybe its because I got a new mattress...I did have trouble staying asleep on it. Its just so firm!!! But like that song, that has been stuck in my head since I woke up, says "We fall down but we get up". So! Back to working hard! Whoo!

1 helpful comments:

madamraspberry said...

That picture is just so appropriate.